In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Monday, October 04, 2004

Whatever has to happen will happen????

How many times have you heard someone say "Whatever has to happen will happen" ??? Believe me when I say it, I have heard it said to me alone, a zillion times by all kinds of people. It seriously makes me think. To what lengths can we go to run away from the fact that we are the ones who are responsible for the situation we are in and we are the only ones who can change it. I have always believed that 'Whatever happens, we make it happen'. Its not fate or destiny or act of god or whatever you may call it. Its our own doing. Its my belief that our life is based on a set of choices we make and however good or bad it may be, its all because we chose it to be so. Now you might say that circumstances play an important role in our life being what it is. I say that its we who create those circumstances. We choose not to change those circumstances. Its always in our hands.

Which brings me to another of my much abused (by other people;)) philosophy. I've always thought that whenever I dont succeed in doing something that I want , its my fault. Its so easy to blame a failure on someone/something else. But if we look deep inside, we'd realize that somewhere, it was our fault. Its a very hard thing to do. Sometimes, its very very harsh on oneself. It hurts, a lot. But then I believe that it makes one stronger. It makes one want to not make the same mistakes again and thats the most important thing right? I wouldnt say that I've always done this. I try to. But there are times when I end up saying 'Now where did I go wrong over here? It surely couldnt have been my fault".... But then thats just my frustration talking. I'm just trying to take the easy way out and I shouldnt do that right... So I am trying... really hard.. This time.....

|