In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

THE most played songs this summer : My Rating

Now that the summer is officially over (damn the winter has started , here in Duluth), I look back and the one thing that comes to mind (musically) is the songs that we all heard on radio. We have some awesome stations in Duluth but unfortunately, the one bad thing with radio (as with TV here in the U.S.) is repetition... I mean they play the same songs over and over again. I can sing along to most songs that are played on the radio today and that is just because they are played so much.... Neways, here is my list of the best and most played songs on radio over the summer....

10. Yeah by Usher featuring Lil' Jon and Ludacris (Now personally I am not into Rap,HipHop or RnB, but this one is kinda catchy so it finds a place on my list)

9. Move your body by Nina Sky (Another really catchy number.. Damn this one is for the dance floor)

8. Turn me on by Kevin Little (this is an awesome song just for the way he sings it... the lyrics though... they're something else ;) )

7. Hey Mama by Black Eyed Peas (awesome group... they played at UMD last year and man have they got energy... The song is good too.. Not as good as 'Where is the love?' though)

6. How far is heaven by Los Lonely Boys (this song finds a place here only because it is played atleast 5 times a day... everyday....)

And now my top 5 favourite (overplayed...) songs for the summer -:

5. 100 years by Five for Fighting (never heard of the group before this and never heard of them after. But the song is a great to listen to...)

4. Broken by Evanescence (they are a great group... simply awesome.. love the lyrics of this song but I think My Immortal is much better....)

3. She will be loved by Maroon 5 (amazing song... It sounds sooooo good... This one is from their first album 'Songs about Jane' which features a couple of their other famous songs 'This love' and 'Harder to breathe')

2. The Reason by Hoobastank (almost my most favourite song for the summer.. great lyrics.. sugar sweet... amazing voice... was number 1 on the U.S. charts for a while)

And my favourite song for the summer, and an addition to my top 50 favourite songs (I might just post the list someday... need some more time when I have NOTHING to do.. but i'm off topic)...

1. Accidentally in love by Counting Crows ( they've been one of my most favourite groups for a long time... Some of their best songs are 'Rain King' , 'A long December' and 'Big Yellow Taxi'... If any of you ever get a chance, then give them a listen... they're really good.. Now to the song... I can listen to it any time and all the time.... The music is great and so are the words.... and Adam Duritz has a great voice... its got everything that a good song should have and that is why it wins... Also, its on the soundtrack of my favourite movie for the summer 'Shrek 2' , so it leaves the compitition 'far far away'... hehehehhee...)

|