In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Friday, November 26, 2004

A thought and some nostalgia..

A funny thing happened today... I was standing outside in the afternoon cause I had nothing better to do :)... Usually, no matter what time it may be, there's always a few cars going up and down the 19th.. Now I know its thanksgiving day but still, there were no, absolutely no cars on the road.. And it was really really quiet... I mean all I could hear was a few birds chirping and a squirrel frantically moving around rustling the leaves that lay dead on the grass.... It was kinda depressing to think that this is probably the last time in a while that I would hear birds and see squirrels.. In a few days, all I'd see is the grass covered in a white sheet of snow.... No birds.. No leaves... I really didnt want to see another Duluth winter.. Its harsh.. and can break the spirits of the best of us... Looks like I dont have much of a choice :)...

As I was standing there, I began thinking of home... The Delhi winter... Sitting outside in the sun, on a lazy afternoon.. Eating moongphali (peanuts, for the uninformed ;))... The rewris (til papdi), gajaks, chikis... Drinking doodh jalebi at night.. or even the kesar piste ka doodh.. Moong Daal halwa.. My black jaipuri rajai.. The morning fog in Delhi.. I thought about the time when my pockets used to be filled with kaju, badam, pista and kishmish... Its a sad thought that those times are long gone... and they will never come back... Whoever said nostalgia is a good thing :(..

My Lyrics for today:

How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl,
Year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have we found?
The same old fears.
Wish you were here.


Pink Floyd - Wish you were here ( from the Album: Wish you were here)

|