In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Friday, November 05, 2004

Always there for me... shining..

Whenever I have a real bad day or when I cant sleep at night, I go outside and sit for a while, looking at the stars... There have been so many times, I've just driven to the lake and just sat there looking at the stars and the water... It makes my mind feel a lot more at peace than it is before.. I dont know why.. They've been there always... The first night that I spent without sleep... The nights that I used to stay awake to study but just didnt... Those nights when I used to be on the phone till 4... The nights when I used to just hate myself for being so stupid with my life... And tonight, when I'm feeling kinda nice... I've just always felt so amazing, looking at them.. The pitch black sky and the bright dots that are so abudant, so radiant, so powerful.. People say, stars tell you your destiny... Some other people say, stars are your ancestors... Science tells us its just Hydrogen being burned into Helium.. But for me.. They've always been the one source of peace and serenity... If I ever have my own house, I'll make sure that I have a room just for star gazing... Wont that be just amazing? *sigh*

Be it the hazy Delhi night sky, the chilly Mussorie hotel terrace, the Juhu beach at 1 in the morning or the edge of Lake Superior... These friends of mine make sure I never feel alone ever.. Not even when I feel like I have noone else... I have them.. and that for me, is the most wonderful thing in the world...

My Lyrics for today:
There's a road - long and winding
The lights are blindin' - but it gets there
Don't give up - don't look back
There's a silver linin' - it's out there somewhere
Everybody wants an answer - everybody needs a friend
We all need a shinin' star on which we can depend
N' so tonight we're gonna wish upon a star
We never wished upon before (to find what you're looking for)

There'll be times - in your life
Ya when you' be dancin' n' shit - but you ain't gettin it
But don't get disillusioned - no, don't expect too much
Cuz if what you have is all you can get - just keep on
tryin' - it just ain't happened yet
Everybody wants ta be winner - everybody has a dream
We all need a shinin' star when things ain't what they seem
So tonight we're gonna wish upon a star
We never wished upon before - (gotta get where you're
headed for)

Everybody wants some kindness - everybody needs a break
We all need a shinin' star when things get hard to take
So tonight we're gonna wish upon a star
We never wished upon before

Bryan Adams - Star (from the album 18 till I die , also O.S.T. - Jack)

|