In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Auld Lang Syne

They say that what you do on the first day of the year, generally reflects what you are going to do for the rest of the year.. Now I dont believe in that at all.. I am a skeptic (its a euphemism actually ;)).. I always doubt accepted beliefs and this one is outrageous anyways... Anyhoo, this time, I met my match I guess... The year that started at the La Quinta Inn in Miami, which was followed by a 4 hour drive to Orlando airport, followed by a 1 hr flight to Atlanta airport, followed by a 2 1/2 hrs flight to Minneapolis airport followed by a 2 1/2 hr drive to Duluth (reached home at around 2:30 in the morning jan 2nd), which meant that we spent the whole of new year's day 2004 travelling.. How apt then that the year ends with a trip to the Minneapolis airport on Dec. 31st 2004... Oh and for good measures, the year included 3 trips to Chicago and a trip to the east coast (read, NYC,Niagara Falls, Washington DC and Baltimore) and I dont know how many trips to Minneapolis (airports and otherwise)... True, I didnt spend the whole year travelling but damn I did rack up more miles than I ever have in one single year ;).. and AT, I covered 7 more states :P (so my count officially stands at 12)... One bad thing though.. I have never felt so homeless than I have been feeling ever since August.. I mean there was this one time in early september, when in 13 days I slept in 10 different places (and guys, dont get your dirty minds to work :P)... I know one thing for sure, I am NOT even gonna think about my thesis tommorow ;)... Heres wishing you all a very happy and prosperous new year...

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And auld lang syne!

Its traditional to sing this at the stroke on midnight and signifies the start of a new year.. Auld Lang Syne is actually old scottish for "times gone by"...

On a sombre note, please say a prayer for all those who were affected by the terrible calamity we all know about.. If you wanna make a monetary contribution here's one link you could go to..

My lyrics for today:

The pressure is building I want to break away
Motivation is lacking the point starts to fade
I look to the bottom still empty still the same
I'm waiting for something to show me the way
To the path that I should take, it's just too real to go ahead and fake
Every step that I make
Name your price I would give anything
I want to start over again
What do I want I have nothing to say
Whatever it is I want it today
Do we choose our own ground Do we choose to stay
Well I've seen too many throw it away

Do I see just one small chance to be myself to try and make it last
Every step that I take

Trapt - New Begining

|