In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

There are two things that punjabi people are obsessed with... Food and Marriage... So I wasnt surprised that these were the two things that were topmost on the discussion list of all my relatives (on my dad's side, my dad included) when I came back... 'aay haay, munda kinna patla ho gaya hai'... 'khana nahin khanda si'.. 'achcha vyha(shaadi) kadhon hai'... 'kudi vekhni hai ki aapo le aayega'... god the questions never stopped.... firstly... to punju people, being healthy means being overweight.. damn if you dont have a belly you dont look from a 'khaata peeta ghar' ;)... Secondly, the minute you reach 23-24 (if you're a guy, lesser if you're a girl) they have to start the embarassing talk.... So my bua says, 'Prashant, ek kudi hai.. dekhni hai tujhe... ghar achcha hai.. padi likhi hai...' and all that crap..

man, I havent yet figured out one thing that I want to do in my life... and these people are all ready to get me married off... I pity the woman who'd get married to me... right now or ever... I wish people would realize that a person should get married, when he/she is ready to get married.... mentally.. N and I had a long talk about that a few days ago... He faces a similar situation, though not as chronic as mine ;).. The point is, I've had too many bad experiences and choices in my life (especially when it comes to girls... ) and I just dont think I'm ready for a commitment... such a huge one at that... and I dont think anyone my age is... But how to explain it to a flood of people... oh well... just something that I have to get used to...

Have done a lot of nothing lately... Taking a break is the best thing one can do... It cleanses the system of all bad things (emotionally)... It also gives one some time to set new goals and decide the path which needs to be taken to achieve those goals... My break time is coming to an end... Another week or so and then its back to the real world... But this last 3 weeks or so has made me realize a lot of things... The most important thing that I wish to remember... Sometimes, you have to put your foot down and not be a doormat or else people will just tread all over you...

my lyrics for today:

apanii marzii se kahaaN apane safar ke ham hain
ruKh havaaon kaa jidhar kaa hai udhar ke ham hain

pahale har chiiz thii apanii magar ab lagataa hai
apane hii ghar men kisii duusare ghar ke ham hain

vaqt ke saath hai miTTii kaa safar sadiyon tak
kisako maaluum kahaaN ke hain kidhar ke ham hain

chalate rahate hain ki chalanaa hai musaafir kaa nasiib
sochate rahate hain ki kis raahaguzar ke ham hain

Apni Marzi Se : Jagjit Singh

|