In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Thursday, January 13, 2005

What would you like to be?

A new year... its been a while since I wrote something here... Dont know why the freak have I not had the time... Cuz I hardly have been doing anything else.. Oh well.. I've been playing a lot of Madden 2003.. Its a football game (the american kind )... its a LOT of fun... and unlike real life, my team actually wins - which is good.. Life goes on.. not the way it should but then, who am I to complain? I hate my choice of career.. which is not a good sign ;)......... oh well.. I remember last year we talked about 'if you can be anything you want, unrealistic or real, what would it be?' thing.. mine was to be a formula 1 driver... But here's an actual list of what I would really love to be, if I had the choice:

1. Music Reviewer - As my best friend recently told me, this would be the best job for me cuz I'm just so freaking crazy about music...
2. Writer - That was what I wanted to be all through school and right before I joined BIT... damn was that a bad decision or what.. Anyways, now I realize that I'm not much of a writer.. so cant really be one :)
3. Sportsperson - I feel awe when I look at anyone who is a sportsperson.. Its just something that takes lots of hard work and dedication.. I love the highs of a victory... It would've been a great choice of profession had I been good at anything ;)..
4. Botanist - Yeah yeah.. I know... That sounds geeky... But I actually took up bio in school because I wanted to be one... Infact I was gonna do either English or Botany in my undergrad had I not gotten through that stupid BIT entrance... Always loved nature and wud've enjoyed studying it closely..
5. House Husband - Its been my ultimate ambition.. For a long time now... I mean, marry this rich girl and just stay home.. cook, clean and takecare of the kids.. full time job... amazing pay and awesome benefits.. now who wudnt want that.. Problem is, I also want to own a ferrari... and these two things can never go hand in hand :)...

Now why dont you guys tell me your top 5 choices of professions, besides the one that you are already pursuing... and please, no game programmers ;)

My lyrics for today:

I walk a lonely road

The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's home to me and I walk alone

I walk this empty street
On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Where the city sleeps
and I'm the only one and I walk alone

I walk alone

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
'Til then I walk alone

Ah-ah, Ah-ah, Ah-ah, Aaah-ah,
Ah-ah, Ah-ah, Ah-ah

I'm walking down the line
That divides me somewhere in my mind
On the border line
Of the edge and where I walk alone

Read between the lines
What's fucked up and everything's alright
Check my vital signs
To know I'm still alive and I walk alone

I walk alone

My shadow's the only one that walks beside me
My shallow heart's the only thing that's beating
Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me
'Til then I walk alone
...

(Green Day: Boulevard of broken dreams)
Note: This is such an amazing song.. A must hear.. Just go download it and listen to it.. the lyrics.. and Green Day is mindblowing with the music as always.. Another great Green Day song is Good Riddance (a.k.a. Time of your life)...

|