In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Another Naseer in the making?

Yes!! He is that good... I'm talking about Randeep Hooda and his stellar performance in the movie "D"... If there was nothing else in this movie, it would have worked just for the sheer force of his performance... But there is a lot more to this movie than just that...

Firstly, the storyline isnt all that different from "Company".. It can be said that this is the prequel to "Company" and even though everyone denies it, it sure seems like it.... The director Vishram Sawant has done a wonderful job... The direction though not as slick as an RGV made Satya/Company is well above par... Another good thing about the movie is that its only 2 hours long... it remains fast paced and boredom is out of the question (even for anya ;))... Chunkey Pandey has played a good role in the movie though I think (as does the HT reviewer) that its inspired a bit from Bhiku Mhatre.. There's just one song in the movie but I think the director just put it for the heck of it... I think the movie would have been just as good without the song.. Actress Rukhsar whoz making a comeback (after a DECADE!!!) with this movie is a good choice for the role (and is decently hot too ;))...

And now for the cake... Mr. Hooda, whoz only claim to fame (besides the two bit role of the Australian returned hunk (who gets to kiss Neha Dubey.. &@%#^%^@) in "Monsoon Wedding") was being the boyfriend of Sushmita Sen, has actually proven his credentials... He is every bit the Ajay Devgan in "Company" for the lack of a better comparison... I would even say that there were traces of Michael Corleone in his character, but then, mabbe thats going overboard... This guy has trained under the great Naseeruddin Shah and I'm sure that has something to do with the performance hez given...

HT gave this movie 3/5 but I'm more inclined to give it a 4.. Its worth a watch... Just for the silent killer look that Randeep portrays... Here's hoping we dont have another Vivek Oberoi in the making :)...

my lyrics for today:

You and I got somethin
But it’s all and then it’s nuthin to me, yeah
And I got my defenses
When it comes through your intentions for me, yeah

And we wake up in the breakdown
With the things we never thought we could be, yeah

I’m not the one who broke you
I’m not the one you should fear
We got to move you darlin
I thought I lost you somewhere
But you were never really ever there at all

And I want to get free
Talk to me
I can feel you falling
And I wanted to be
All you need
Somehow here is gone

I am no solution
To the sound of this pollution in me, yeah
And I was not the answer
So forget you ever thought it was me, yeah

And I don’t need the fallout
Of all the past that’s in between us
And I’m not holding on
And all your lies weren’t enough to keep me here

And I want to get free
Talk to me
I can feel you falling
And I wanted to be
All you need
Somehow here is gone

Goo Goo Dolls - Here is Gone

|