In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Of numb hands and warm hearts!!

Last year the temperature in Duluth on November 15th was 28 F.... It was freaking cold... There was wind chill as well which I cannot find on my source website, but there was a darned 10 Miles/hr wind.. There ought to be wind chill right :P... It was clear but then even a clear day in Duluth winters is a dhoka .... I remember once when taking out the trash (yes, no matter what my ex-roommates say, I did take out the trash sometimes ;)) I looked out the window and it was clear and sunny.. So I figured it'd be ok to go out in my tracks and a tshirt... Short story shorter, my hands and feet were absolutely numb by the time I came back inside the apartment building.. and I was out of the building for max 3-5 minutes.... And that was not the only time something like that happened to me (or other people)... So afterwards it almost became a ritual to check the temperature before anyone ventured out :)... Not that whenever its -30 F you can do much about it... I mean how many layers of clothes can one wear... I'm not sure but I think the first site that Anand used to visit every morning was weather.com (what do you think Anya???).... So neways, the temp in Delhi right now is 85 F..... It sunny and believe me, its not dhoka :).. I remember writing last year that I dont want to spend another winter in Duluth ever... I was so wrong... I just didnt want to spend the last winter there.. I would love to go experience the Duluth winter again.... What a difference one year makes to our lives...

My gyan for today: Sometimes, working is fun :).. Especially when you're reading Garfield and CnH all day.... ok.. not all day, but most of it...

I'm listening to Pink Floyd singing 'Wish you were here' and I am wishing I was in Gold Coast right now. Another week and I'll be fine though.... But that, is a different and longer story...

My morning drives have become so amazing these days.. The winter is slowly setting in... And its nice and cool and so amazingly fresh in the morning when I drive to work... The sun isnt that harsh anymore... It gets pleasantly warm in the afternoons and had it not been for the mind-numbing traffic, the evening drive would've been so perfect.... For the first time in history, the Delhi winter is warming my heart :)... Is the weather affecting my mood?? Or does the weather seem so perfect because of my mood... A little of both maybe... or maybe a lot of the latter and a little bit of the former :)... Go figure...

my lyrics for today:

I've found a way to make you
I've found a way
A way to make you smile

I read bad poetry
Into your machine
I save your messages
Just to hear your voice
You always listen carefully
To awkward rhymes
You always say your name,
Like I wouldn't know it's you,
At your most beautiful

I've found a way to make you
I've found a way
A way to make you smile

At my most beautiful
I count your eyelashes, secretly
With every one, whisper I love you
I let you sleep
I know you're closed eye watching me,
Listening
I thought I saw a smile

I've found a way to make you
I've found a way
A way to make you smile

R.E.M. - At my most beautiful (One of my favourite love songs... Its also one of the most beautiful R.E.M. songs... absolutely adore this one.. Oh and I heard this first on the soundtrack of Never Been Kissed... Another chick flick which has the most amazing soundtrack :)))


P.S. -: Here is how Wikipedia defines a chick flick - "The term chick flick is slang, sometimes slightly derisive, for a movie which is designed or considered to appeal mainly to women, and generally displaying more of a focus on romance or relationships. Many romantic comedies or films with a lots of female characters are likely to be put in this category."

P.P.S. -: No, I do NOT have too much time on my hand :)...

|