In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Its the end of the world as we know it.. and I feel FINE!!!!

Yeah!! This song has been playing in my car everyday since last friday..my first day at work.. Its pretty apt actually considering the my present state of my mind.. It is the end of the world as I knew it... R.E.M. always have amazing songs dont they.. 'Everybody Hurts'.. a case in point...

I had a hard time yesterday... A very hard time actually.. I cant come to terms with it.. NO!! I cant be 25.. not already... How can I be twenty fucking five... I was just 22 the time I went to Duluth.. Its been 3 years already... NO!!! The other day some kids called me Uncle :(.. baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!! I felt like... well they were cute kids so I didnt feel like doing nething.. But damn man.. HOW.. WHY??? I know.. most people think its not a big deal... But look at it in perspective.. 5 years down, I'll be 30.... THIRTY... thats like a huge humongous positively out of this world number man... Its like that Friends episode where Joey keeps going, "WHY GOD WHY??? WE HAD A DEAL REMEMBER!!!"... Oh well.. wtf... Atleast I am in exalted company... Both Anya and Clatix have reached there first ;).. small comfort...

I never thought I would be the one to get into that stupid grind of work, home and work again... But I guess that happens.... and it sucks majorly.. Plus the 1 hr drive to work.. each way.... And Delhi traffic... man oh man... Ok.. I should be allowed to complain a little.. I havent complained in ages... Not about anything.. This is basically a whiny post about everything that is bad in my life :)...

But hey.. I feel fine... absofuckinglutely FINE!! actually.. I'm happy.. and thats a lot.. btw, kids... if any of you listen to Punjabi muzak... then listen to Sohniye by Juggy D... its a good good track... This is specially for you Alpesh.. :)... Oh and dont forget... Listen to Kajra Re from the Bunty aur Babli soundtrack... sexy sexy sexy track...

I'm planning to get absolutely hammered this Saturday night.... I wish I could have just one more of those Duluth daaru parties :)... There has been nothing better... Especially our dear beloved inventor of B-scale...

I'm not gonna put the lyrics of 'Its the end of the....' cuz jo already did the honors a few days back :)... Here's another favourite though...

my lyrics for today:

I know its hard to keep an open heart,
when even friends seem out to harm you..
But if you can heal a broken heart,
wouldnt time be out to charm you..

....... (THE BEST GUITAR EVER PLAYED!!!)

Everybody needs some time, on their own...
Everybody needs some time, all alone..

...

I know that you can love,
When there's no one left to blame...
So never mind the darkness,
we still can find a way...

Cuz nothing lasts forever...
Even cold November Rain..


I dont think anyone in their right mind would ask me to name this song.. I adore it.. For so many reasons... The words.. The memories.. Arguably the best guitar ever played.. Slash is god :)... and no matter how much I hate Axl, he just does such amazing vocals.. Man that guy was good.. The first four lines that I've typed (yes I've typed this out on my own for once :)) are the best... and so freaking true...

|