In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Friday, September 30, 2005

A year of Drivel

As I write this, I'm listening to Police doing their amazing 'Every breath you take'.. Its the song that plays on my caller tune... I've had it almost 4 months now and yet I dont feel like changing it... Mostly becuz I never have to listen to it ;)....

Well, its hard to believe, but I've actually been posting drivel for the past one year... and it has been so much fun... I bow to all of you who've had the patience to read my take on the world around me... Not to mention countless pieces of random information about my life... Oh and I'm sure I've taken your lyrical knowledge to new heights... Netime people.. no need for thanks :)

These days if you happen to drive in Delhi during the times of 07:45 to 9:00 between North Campus and Vasant Vihar (or in the evening 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM the opposite way) and if you just happen to see this guy singing really loud in his car, his head banging away to glory, be kind and ignore him... Cuz he just bought 'The best of Modern Rock' albums 1 and 2 and he just happens to love listening to them LOUD... and he is extreeeeeeeeeeemely fed up with people staring at him... I mean its hard to ignore it when you're stuck in traffic and people have nothing better to do than stare at you.... GOD MAN!! GET A LIFE!!!!! I mean what is it with us Indians... We never have anything better to do than stare... Especially on a freaking signal... And heaven help you if you have a girl (pretty or otherwise) sitting with you... I think when we learn to drive, we should also be given lessons on doing timepass while we're stuck in traffic/red signals... Its just something really irritating...

On a different track altogether... Now, I've seen countless movies in Duluth (thanks to Mr. Movies ;)).. There's this one movie though, "Stand by Me", that keeps coming back to me a lot.. There was nothing really special in the movie actually.. Its about these four friends who go on an adventure to find the body of a missing boy who is presumed dead... based on a Stephen King short story actually.. River Phoenix was amazing in his role... and I was really saddened to find out later that he died of a drug overdose when he was only 23... What a waste of talent.. What a waste of life man... My lyrics for today are from the O.S.T. of this movie, just an awesome awesome track... Dedicated to the dude who died too young...

my lyrics for today:

When the night has come
And the land is dark
And the moon is the only light we'll see

No, I won't be afraid,
No, I won't be afraid
Just as long as you stand,
Stand by me.

So darling darling, stand by me, oh, stand by me,
Oh, stand, stand by me, stand by me.

If the sky that we look upon
Should tumble and fall
Or the Mountain should crumble in the sea,

I won't cry,
I won't cry,
No I won't shed a tear.
Just as long as you stand, stand by me.

So ,darling, darling, stand by me, oh, stand by me
Oh, stand, stand by me, stand by me

Stand by Me : Ben E. King (from the O.S.T. "Stand by Me".. Originally a 1961 song, re-released in 1986 for the movie..)

|