In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Why me!!!!!

Got tagged... By anya and ajit... So I'm gonna tag both of the tags together ;)... Here goes..

The movies tag -:

Total Number of Films I own on DVD/Video
-: No idea.. All my dvd's (should be around 15 methinks) are in a box which is somewhere in Chicago ;).. In Delhi, I own around 10..

Last Film I bought
-: Last DVD I bought (rather my brother bought with my money ;)) was LOTR (all three parts on one DVD, a steal I must say)..

Last Film I watched
-: a) In theatre : Mr. & Mrs. Smith (that should change today or tomm) b) On DVD : LOTR - Return of the King (Its a LOT more fun in the theatre.. trust me)

Five movies that I watch a lot or mean a lot to me
-: Sweet November, Forrest Gump, Life is Beautiful, Kabhi Haan Kabhi Na, Jerry Maguire (Honorable mentions : I am Sam, Seven, LOTR 1,2,3 , Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron.. the list is never ending)

The books tag:

Total number of books I own
-: No idea... I have 2 book cases full.. I left a lot of my books in the basement of Apt I ;)... Rough estimate.. between 100-150...

Last book I bought
-: State of Fear - Michael Crichton

Last book I read
-: ditto

Five books that mean a lot to me
: Hmm.. That is a real tough one.. It was easy with movies I think.. Books.. There are just too many.. But lets try...

1. Great Expectations - Charles Dickens
2. Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand
3. English, August - Upamanyu Chatterjee ( he really lost his marbles while writing the sequel I think)
4. LOTR - J.R.R. Tolkien (It deserves the title of 'the best book of the century'...)
5. Any R.K. Narayan book.. I'm just a huge huge fan.. I love the way he writes.. Making stories out of small little things that happen in everyday life..

Honorable Mentions
:
Sherlock Holmes - Arthur Conan Doyle.. All of them.. But most of all, the hound of the baskervilles..
The Godfather - Mario Puzo (The book is soooo much better than the movie)
Christmas Holiday - W. Somerset Maugham

Arguably the worst book I've ever read
-: The Mammaries of the Welfare State - Upamanyu Chatterjee (the sequel to English, August.. I seriously felt like throwing the book out of a moving train, or destroying it using a flame thrower or something...)

Finally... My turn to tag people... Well I'll be nice and wont tag neone.. But if someone feels like doing it on their own, please be my guest... Its nice actually.. Good luck..

|